The Office was established by Tamale Technical University on 1st December, 2015 as a co-ordinating unit for all degree programmes run in the University. The office provides for the general well-being of School members and students of degree programmes in their teaching and learning efforts. It is also responsible for the academic and general administration of degree programmes in the University. The functions of the office also include the collation and keeping of records of students of degree programmes, Senior lecturers, lecturers and other staff of the programmes. The Office serves as a central point for information on admission and conduct of other academic activities relating to degree programmes. The office is currently led supported by Mr. Fuseini Shahadu as a Principal Administrative Assistant.
The Office has the vision of becoming an excellent co-ordinating centre for degree programmes in the University through ensuring that degree programmes are relevant to regional, national and international development.
The Mission is to create an environment that facilitates the training of students to acquire technology oriented degree programmes in the fields of engineering, science, arts and business to enable them become professionals in industry and provide valuables services to their communities and other key sectors of the regional, national and international economy.
- To offer relevant degree programmes of the highest possible quality to students who aspire to become intellectual leaders in their professions and in the various disciplines of teaching and research;
- To assist the Research and Innovations Unit, schools and other units in their efforts at developing research in various disciplines;
- To provide opportunities to professionals and practitioners in industry to earn degrees, academic enhancements, and professional growth;
- To ensure proper academic planning, integrity, and success;
- Provide for the general well-being of faculty members and students of degree programmes in their teaching and learning efforts; and
- To provide information and advice to students to enable them avail themselves of academic and professional opportunities.
The Bachelor of Technology programmes currently run under office are the Bachelor of Technology in Accounting with Computing (in collaboration with Kumasi Technical University) and the Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering. Proposals for the introduction of new innovative bachelor of technology programmes are far advanced.
Bachelor of Technology in Accounting with Computing
Department: Accountancy Department
To build on the HND (Accounting) and HND (Accounting with Computing) courses to produce graduates with core accounting skills as well as significant working knowledge of business application software for various positions in the accounting system of a company.
50% Computing and 50% Accounting with training on 3 accounting and banking software plus 13 taught courses
Duration of Programme
Eighteen (18) months or three (3) semesters
- HND (Accountancy) Applicants
Holders of full HND (Accountancy) Certificate
- ACCA and ICA Applicants
Applicants with passes in level 2/8 passes or higher of ICAG, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualifications.
- Advanced Diploma in Computerised Accounting
Holders of Advanced Diploma in Computerised Accounting or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
- First Degree applicants
Applicants holding NAB accredited degrees will interviewed.
Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering
Agricultural Engineering Department
The to provide a specialized education and training in the engineering sciences and their applications in the field of agriculture that will enable HND graduates to meet the industrial challenges of the agricultural engineering profession in a rapidly changing environment such as exists in a developing country like Ghana.
Structure of the Programme
A 42 week advanced academic studies in Agricultural Engineering and 20 week supervised industrial attachment
Duration of Programme
Eighteen 18 months: three semester course work and one semester industrial attachment
The candidate should have:
- A pass in HND Agricultural Engineering with at least 2nd Class Lower Division;
- A post qualification industrial/work experience will be an added advantage;
- A diploma in General Agriculture in other recognized Tertiary Institutions.