VISION STATEMENT OF THE SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCE
The vision of the School of Applied Science and Technology is to provide the environment for excellence in teaching, learning, and research in Applied Sciences and Technology, entrepreneurship for industrial and socio-economic development of Northern Ghana, Ghana and Africa.
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
The mission is to provide career focused education and training up to the tertiary level to fill the middle level and high man power needs of the country and beyond.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
The objectives of the School of Applied Science and Technology are to;
- Train students to compete in a challenging world of technological advancement.
- Train students to be proficient in their fields and be able to function effectively locally and internationally.
- Increase the number and quality of tertiary programmes.
- Encourage research and publications by setting up a research and publication unit.
- Train students to acquire knowledge on a wide range of issues outside their chosen professions.
- To ensure the provision of adequate instruction, practical training, attachment and facilities for research for students.
- To help students acquire mastery and proficiency in English Language and Computer Science.
THE AREA OF RESEARCH FOR THE SCHOOL
The School is interested in all research in the areas below;
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Hotel Catering and Institutional Management (HCIM)
- Hospitality Management
- Computer Science and I.C.T
The School signed a memorandum of understanding between the following institutions:
- Solution de IT
- Bold-tech ICT Solutions
- Mariam Hotel
- Global Dream Service Apartments
- Merry-Heart Restaurant
- Ghana Statistical Service
The School also developed interest in signing a MOU with Ministry of Health (particularly; Tamale Teaching Hospital) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).