The Dean of Degree Programmes : Mr. MuntariMahama
MBA (Accounting), ICA (Ghana), B.Com
OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The Office of the Dean of Degree Programmes was established by the Tamale Technical University on 1st December, 2015 as a co-ordinating unit for all degree programmes run in the university. The office provides for the general well-being of faculty members and students of degree programmes in their teaching and learning efforts. It is also responsible for the academic and general administration of degree programmes in the university. The functions of the office also include the collation and keeping of records of students of degree programmes, lecturers and other staff of the programmes. The Office serves as a central point for information on admission and conduct of other academic activities relating to degree programmes. The office is currently led by Mr. Muntari Mahama as the Dean of Degree Programmes and supported by Mr. Fuseini Shahadu as a Principal Administrative Assistant.
The Office of the Dean of Degree Programmes has the vision of becoming an excellent co-ordinatingcentre for degree programmes in the University through ensuring that degree programmes are relevant to regional, national and international development.
The Mission of the Office of the Dean of Degree Programmes is to create an environment that facilitates the training of students to acquire technology oriented degree programmes in the fields of engineering, science, arts and business to enable them become professionals in industry and provide valuables services to their communities and other key sectors of the regional, national and international economy.
The objectives of the Office of the Dean of Degree Programmes are as follows:
- To offer relevant degree programmes of the highest possible quality to students who aspire to become intellectual leaders in their professions and in the various disciplines of teaching and research;
- To assist the Research and Innovations Unit, schools and other units in their efforts at developing research in various disciplines;
- To provide opportunities to professionals and practitioners in industry to earn degrees, academic enhancements, and professional growth;
- To ensure proper academic planning, integrity, and success;
- Provide for the general well-being of faculty members and students of degree programmes in their teaching and learning efforts; and
- To provide information and advice to students to enable them avail themselves of academic and professional opportunities